• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dark Room

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Today is looking at some old shots in a new light.
Actually, less light. Angels can lurk in such places
_DSF5917-2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm sorry mate but I don't get this one. It looks like somebody has died there.
That, Cem, my friend, perhaps means you did “get it”!

?

The shadow has, it seems, been decorated, in post, to modify an ordinary stark shadow.

It now might represent that our lives are as transient as a passing shadow, the pain of life or a whole series of metaphors we are allowed to conjure up when we each look!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I'm sorry mate but I don't get this one. It looks like somebody has died there.

Me too, on both counts.

Some days I’m not sure if I’m playing or being serious. Maybe it’s the same thing.
At the end of a rather hypnotic hour on the computer I had this to show Christine, only because she wants to know what I’m “wasting my time” on.
She looked at me with a pathetic grin, kissed me on the forehead and told me she loves me anyway, as if no one else would.

Tom dinning

Registrant*

?

The shadow has, it seems, been decorated, in post, to modify an ordinary stark shadow.

It now might represent that our lives are as transient as a passing shadow, the pain of life or a whole series of metaphors we are allowed to conjure up when we each look!

Asher

It’s always easier to connect with your own thoughts and perceptions than to understand mine, or any artist for that matter.

I don’t like Brussel sprouts but watching people eat them who like them is a mystery and a delight.

Tom dinning

Registrant*

_DSF3332.jpg

We might take an objective view of this image and suggest it is about form, a vase and a window, a place, the tones and textures, even the frame in which it all contained.

All this is true, even factual.

But what of the thoughts of the artist who constructed it.

Only I know what went through my mind as the image formed.

I don't have words strong enough to express those thoughts in writing. My vocabulary is poor.

So I struggle with the only other means I have at hand. The image.

No single image is enough.

There is something in each that helps just a bit; or torments me into trying again and again.

Charlotte Thompson

Tom

Me I sure like this and even pictured this on a wall made large! It is so full of adventure skulking just around the corner and how fun !!

Charlotte

Asher Kelman

Interesting that all the pictures have a cyan hue. This sort of joins everything together!

What might that mean?

Asher

Susan Smitha

?

Asher

Well said. I really like & appreciate your thoughts on it.

Asher Kelman

Well said. I really like & appreciate your thoughts on it.
Well, Susan,

Your presence and participation is also appreciated!

Art, that’s accurate or beautiful does us good. It allows us to muse, relax in its original awesomeness!

It’s even more impressive when, through visiting that artist’s created “micro-world”, we imagine what’s missing and so, perhaps, question our own boundaries.

Asher