• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Travelog: Death Valley Diversity

Jarmo Juntunen

I had formed my image of Death Valley from old westerns and Lucky Luke. The reality was a lot more.

Artist`s Palette and a dry river bed

Natural Bridge Canyon

Natural Bridge

Badwater Basin

Peter Dexter

I should have visited the area when I lived in the states. Your photos make it look tempting. What are we seeing in the lower part of the last photo that is reflecting the mountains?

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you Peter! That is water on salt, would you believe it! Here in the North we see a similar thing on frozen lakes. When it thaws, water rises above the ice. On salt basin this seems to happen with salt and water!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Your title,

Jarmo, “Death Valley Diversity”, offers us the real, but ironic, possibility of a natural zone on this planet, where there is, at last, equal opportunity for all, .....

......but in death only!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jarmo,

Such delicate, Monet-like colors!

I’m embarrassed to admit that, I too, haven’t visited these “wonders of nature”!

Jarmo Juntunen: Badwater Basin

So unexpected and mesmerizing! ?

My favorite so far!

Looking forward to more!

Asher