• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dewy Dandy

726099360_Czu8h-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Perhaps sights such as this inspired the first makers of lace.

William,

This is a wonderful find and a great capture. Kudos!

Asher

Damien Paul

well done, William - one can see the intricate geometry (forgive the math teacher in me) and delicate nature of this close up structure

Hi William,
So fragile and so beautiful! This is a wonderful image!
There are so many fine details to absorb, one could spend quite a bit of time mesmerized!

Hello Sir,

In the morning sun, a garden of mirco-prisms, if you will, twinkled from what appeared to be dew soaked dandelions. That fairy play of light gave me the clue that the drops were large and could be lens worthy. Alas, the angle to get what you see here was the result of the unavailability of the colorful diffraction at so close a range. (That or the light shifted in cloud play.) I essentially, then, took what I could get and it turned out not to be a bad consolation prize. Thanks John, for stopping by.

Perhaps sights such as this inspired the first makers of lace.

William,

This is a wonderful find and a great capture. Kudos!

Asher

Thank you very much for the inspired comments. I'm into firsts. I think a shot needs to feel as if it is yours as in the first human taking the first shot on Earth. Isn't that both freeing and full of responsibility?

well done, William - one can see the intricate geometry (forgive the math teacher in me) and delicate nature of this close up structure

Mr. Igoe,

Could there be anything to forgive? Part of this photo's attraction is its restating that reality tends to favor certain shapes so is it not a microcosm then, the proverbial 'To see the world in a grain of sand' spoken on a more universal level? Indeed, I think a geometrical sense is important in order to ponder the why's of our universe's choice of circular (the sphere being a three dimensional one) as a dominate shape and force. Indeed cube shaped planets and cubed shape suns could have cubic orbits if the universe had so desired...ha, now my turn to ask your pardon for such enduring and unanswerable meanderings...thank you for your analytical appreciation.