• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Diana Catching Rays

Dwayne Oakes

Thanks for taking a look !

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

p1070483907-4.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It seems to me that your style works very well with scenes where no small objects are involved, but not so well with bugs, birds, etc.

Clayton,

I'm not sure what this would look like in a large print and viewed from somewhere n an average sized room. I tend to agree that the "look" does not seem as restful as the broad areas in the edges of woodlands where the processing softens and marries different fine structures. Here, as you point out, the softening effect, being uniform, is not soothing as in the other wonderfully tranquil images that give a respite from the particularity of pressing things n our lives.

Dwayne,

Here I ask, what's on your mind? If this is shown in a collection of your landscapes, then this will stand out and maybe that's what you want. Is it that you caught a very early Diana butterfly and she needs to be celebrated?

Asher

Dwayne Oakes

Thank you very much for the comments Clayton and Asher !

Hi Asher,

From bugs to the stars I really want to cover all the wonder in the natural world. Oops my
bad this butterfly is a red-spotted purple not a diana.

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

Prateek Dubey

I think the graphic quality of the picture is lovely. Inspiring and innovative as well. Somehow the shadows are not too comforting, especially the blacks on the butterfly. Can you not try to pull some more details from the butterfly's wings. Just want to see if it does more to the narrative.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you very much for the comments Clayton and Asher !

Hi Asher,

From bugs to the stars I really want to cover all the wonder in the natural world. Oops my
bad this butterfly is a red-spotted purple not a diana.

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

Dwayne,

I agree with the new identification! Now how did that butterfly look before any processing? Here's what I think is an important question, to me at least: -

Is there more detail that you gave up willingly in your process to get some unity over the respective components? I really would like to know and your own view of such things.

Asher