• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Discovery

Chris Kresser

2618375527_5bf9b10b47_o.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Chris,

Exactly in situations like this one, assigning a title to the image by the maker enhances it's power even more. This is a very intriguing image, which grabbed my attention and does not let go easily.
Did you add extra vignetting in the PP? If so, would it be better if the vignetting was just a tad less I was wondering?

Thanks for showing.

Chris Kresser

Hi Cem,

Thanks for your feedback on the image. Yes, I did apply a vignette and slight edge blur because the edges of the frame were somewhat distracting to me and I wanted to draw the viewer's attention into the middle of the frame.

Best,
Chris

Tim Ashley

Hi Chris,

very nice - nicely seen and taken and then processed. May I cheekily ask for info on camera, lens etc? It has a very Leica like look to me though at this size one can't really tell, and from memory you're a Nikon chap aren't you?

Best

Tim

Chris Kresser

Hi Tim,

Actually it's a 5D and either the humble, but excellent Tamron 28-75 or the Canon 100/2 (can't remember for sure, and I'm not at home right now).

The image is from a wedding and I processed all of the images with a warm, somewhat desaturated look and significant vignette.

I've never even held a Leica in my hands :) The first camera I ever owned was a Canon 20D - I am definitely a product of the "digital revolution"!

Chris

Tim Ashley

Hi Tim,

Actually it's a 5D and either the humble, but excellent Tamron 28-75 or the Canon 100/2 (can't remember for sure, and I'm not at home right now).

The image is from a wedding and I processed all of the images with a warm, somewhat desaturated look and significant vignette.

I've never even held a Leica in my hands :) The first camera I ever owned was a Canon 20D - I am definitely a product of the "digital revolution"!

Chris

Hiya Chris,

I just recognised the combo of great sharpness in the foreground and lovely bokeh. It looked a bit like an M8 with maybe a 50 lux lens. However I also have the amazing Canon 100 f2 and though these days I use it on a 1DSIII, I had a 5D with it for ages - so maybe that's what I was recognising!

T

Chris Kresser

Yep, the 100/2 on the 5D is an amazing combo. Everyone talks about the 85/1.8, which is indeed a great lens, but the 100/2 is way underrated IMHO.