• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Distorted memories

Tom dinning

Registrant*
510F4CA8-975B-429A-A4A4-4E1C944A1009.jpeg

Seeing an old image reminds me of places and pleasant times.
But the image doesn’t reconcile with my memory.
The image is sharp; my memory is clouded.
So, instead of correcting my memory I ‘correct’ the photo.

The image is a starting point for recollection. I prefer the outcome to be a little hazy.

James Lemon

View attachment 2563

Seeing an old image reminds me of places and pleasant times.
But the image doesn’t reconcile with my memory.
The image is sharp; my memory is clouded.
So, instead of correcting my memory I ‘correct’ the photo.

The image is a starting point for recollection. I prefer the outcome to be a little hazy.

Tom

I would rather not reflect on the past for many reasons. Whats behind me doesn't matter looking in the review mirror is a pain in the ass.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tom

I would rather not reflect on the past for many reasons. Whats behind me doesn't matter looking in the review mirror is a pain in the ass.
Really, James!

What about the kisses, hugs and caresses? What about the walk with a grandchild?

What about the fellow that cheated you. Don’t you want to be more careful next time around?

The past is part of our instruction manual and guide to what we do today and our hopes and plans for the future,

There,

I said too much!

Jérôme would have made it in 3 words, no doubt! Being succinct is a quality that I hardly ever achieve but so admire!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Tom

Really, James!

What about the kisses, hugs and caresses? What about the walk with a grandchild?

What about the fellow that cheated you. Don’t you want to be more careful next time around?

The past is part of our instruction manual and guide to what we do today and our hopes and plans for the future,

There,

I said too much!

Jérôme might have made it in 3 words, no doubt! Being succinct is a quality that I hardly ever achieve!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Really, James!

There,

I said too much!

Jérôme might have made it in 3 words, no doubt! Being succinct is a quality that I hardly ever achieve!

Asher

So true, Ash. So true!

We would be empty shells without our memory.
Knowledge, experience, emotions, recognition, preparation for the present and future, imagination.....

Perhaps James is referring to the less tasteful bits. Yet even these have their value.

Adding to memory is what can make us interesting and wise or resentful and boring.

I’m sure James has some interesting stories to tell. How nice it would be for him to share them.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
D07508FB-3F8C-464B-BB70-5E86E7527973.jpeg

Some will see a discarded doll, others will find colour and texture, or geometry. Others might ask questions or have their own answers. A passer by, on the day, saw rubbish.

I feel the chill of unexpected mountain air, of tired legs from walking, of conversations had with visiting friends. Laughter and pain mixed as we joke about illness. We get lost and everyone complains but me. Edward pisses under a tree and Jennifer refuses to walk another step.
I am reminded of my friends and the death of Edward about whom we still joke. There’s the train ride home, exhausted, hungry, quiet. Then, as the day ends, we recognise the growth of friendship through memories and death.

There is great pleasures in knowing all this. Even now we argue on detail. That’s not important. We each have our own story to tell. The photograph is a reminder of a time and place. We add the rest.

Asher Kelman

........ I feel the chill of unexpected mountain air, of tired legs from walking, of conversations had with visiting friends. Laughter and pain mixed as we joke about illness. We get lost and everyone complains but me. Edward pisses under a tree and Jennifer refuses to walk another step......

Tom,

That’s great prose and a perfect set of images for us to enjoy!

Such is the rich language of down-under folk, spread like crunchy almond butter on this almost empty continent!

The Aussie pioneers, it seems, emptied from England’s jails for the best pick-pockets, harlots and highwaymen, snuck with them copies of “Midsummers Night’s Dream”!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Well, Tom!

This is a reflection of life’s all-night party!

....and then the popular dancer ends up used up on a garbage dump!

Asher