• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Diversion

UAL flight doing a FAR 117 diversion into Bangor, Me due to airspace closure during conflict between India and Pakistan.
BGR is the first stop and last stop in the US east side

Thank goodness everyone was safe and there was fuel for the diversion.

Asher
it is a different kind of "diversion". FAR 117 limits the flight crews (both pilots and flight attendants) time (ake: duty time) in the air on ultra long flights. so there was a replacement crew waiting for this aircraft. I was there for any Mx issues that might have been written up and must be resolved before take off. I light top off of fuel and it was back in the air. total ground time about 1.5 hours. there's always addition fuel for a diversion. there are diversion points built into a flight plans just in case.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
No wonder you are so obsessional, LOL! You have more lives in your hands the a surgeon! Thanks for your service!

Asher