• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

dreamcatcher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Bear!

Can't download with either Safari or Explorer. Can you check the url is correct. It says there's some fault in the "argument"

Asher

Asher Kelman

17a7b736bc93f8cc61be4f8a02af0f7d6g.jpg

I do like the concept. I can see it printed. I wish we could listen to the music immediately, otherwise we cannot appreciate the connection between the picture and the sounds!

I wonder whether you might let us see the form of the roots better. Can we try that?

Asher

Sorry about that, I just tried it here again and I get the download, but don't worry, it's nothing special, just my personal diving experience reflection.... <smile> To me it looks like being under water and looking up to the surface into an entangelement of ____ whatever you can envision.

What I like in that effect is, if you look to the original, what is dark there is light now in the "underwater-roots" picture. The funny thing was, when I took this picture, I had this blue thing on my mind, pretty happy with the result I could achieve from the vision to the final, a rare experience. <smile> ....a liquid dreamcatcher....

As for the sound, I used my synths and some impressive voices from people of the australian aboriginee nation.

Thanks for looking at it.

I wonder whether you might let us see the form of the roots better. Can we try that?

Absolutely, it was just a test picture, now that I know how to do it, I will hunt down soem even more impressive root structure and shoot propper on a tripod etc.

Long trip to Germany tomorrow.... leaving here at 5am....sigh.... 7 hours stay in Dublin.... arriving at my destination at 9PM..... flippin insane....I'll be "zonked".... hehehe

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Download went fine for me!

So for those who can't I've zipped the file and put it in my server, you can dowload it from there

Bear, you own me an Irsih beer (bear/beer;-) next time I'll be around!

Asher Kelman

Thanks Nicolas, it's downloading now. So how do feel the picture and the music go together?

Asher

nicolas claris

Can't listen to the music, Marine is following another program ! ;-)

Anyway, even without music, I do really like the aka Yves Klein blue of roots… nice development!

Asher Kelman

Georg,

I'm understanding the effect a little better. Your rendering of the roots going into the water reminds me of images of penguins swimming under the ice looking up and seeing fish outlined against the blueish light and then darting up to devour them! In those pictures, the space is clearly marked. There's a roof of light and shafts of light penetrating deep below from the ice holes the penguins door to the snow packs.

In that respect, in your image, where there are gaps, columns of light from gaps would help ehhance the effects of your image. Id also try to bring out the edges of the roots. Your picture, I believe, needs more dimensionality to go with your music.

Your music has the sense of some space, a cavern perhaps. However, it has, to my senses, no sounds of water. Not that the two must match, but at least in this version it's something I miss.

As you pointed out, this is just an initial "mess around" not a serious complete idea. However, the concept is a good one. I'd consider this a fair start.

My $0.02

Asher

nicolas claris

How about a 21 years old Tallamore Dew instead? <smile>

Thanks Nicolas.

Asher, your firewall settings may be?

Ok Bear, then for the respect of the rime, let's start before dinner with a beer and let's finish the old Tallamore Dew bottle with the night, good music under the summer milky way… hmmmm

Ok Bear, then for the respect of the rime, let's start before dinner with a beer and let's finish the old Tallamore Dew bottle with the night, good music under the summer milky way… hmmmm

WHAT? Now I also have to cook? You Folks from the south of france are just ....SPOILED ROTTEN. Hehehe! I tell you Ireland is nothing for squeamish bordeaux bellys.

..........Running for cover......