• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

drift

charlie chipman

407298334_2bd83e0afb_o.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Charlie,

This is simple, elegant and very intriguing. There is no sense of scale, and neither can we tell what it is which is down there; sand probably. But in this composition, it can be anything your imagination can come up with. It lets your mind "drift" away. Great picture, thanks for showing.

Cheers,

charlie chipman

Hi Cem, thanks for your thoughts.

I posted this picture with out commenting for the reasons you mentioned,
if I were to reveal the subject it could take some fun out of it, or so I like to think.

Here is another view of the scene.

407298346_58386ad49f_o.jpg

Ken Tanaka

pro member
Nice work, Charlie. Keep working this concept, introducing more complex forms.

Side note: Several years ago I saw some wonderful large format work by a young girl --I think she was still a student-- who created very convincing landscape-style scenes using household objects. The key was lighting, managing perspective, and fooling the eye (a gullible reporter) with scale sells. Your work reminds me of some of this.

Tim Armes

Hi Charlie,

What a great image!

I love the fact that we can imagine different versions of the reality, yet we understand when we look closely.

I also appreciate the beautiful lighting and choice of exposure.

Tim

charlie chipman

Thank you all for your thoughts,

Don this is not fleece though you are not the first to question if it was a blanket of some sort. This is in fact freshly fallen snow on piled up mounds of dirt. These were taken a few years ago at a golf course over looking the Puget Sound area. Here is another version including the surrounding scenery, the sun had just sunk below the horizon.

407298342_0fd7b71f44_o.jpg

Ken, your comments on the "miniature" landscape are quite interesting. Sounds like something that would be worth exploring.

Thanks again.

ErikJonas

Banned

Charlie....Really nice pictures sir....I was not sure what to say thus i didnt post. This was extremely creative...