• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Earwig in my sink!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
57E485EB-0158-4247-8E8F-5EB95535CA05.jpeg

5D7026CC-85B2-42A8-AA1D-E58A58BC57AA.jpeg

After Paul’s real macro, this is just some snaps, but there it was and I had to record it before it vanished down the drain!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I feel guilty that it survived millions of years, (and is only of an order with just 2,00 species), and I am so ignorant.

I didn’t realize it has wings! But I do not even know if they fly!

They are nocturnal and eat lots of leaves and insects so are they good or bad for us. Certainly we have no knowledge diseases spread by them, but in Europe I have heard they can devastate fruit crops!

Likely they help suppress pests so in balance they are good members of the total ecogy.

I can’t tell if this is make or female and I have not for certain identified eyes!

This little critter is humbling me, the supposedly educated scientist!

Asher