• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Robert Watcher

Such a satisfying day yesterday.

Views of the large man-made Lake Suchitlán (mostly green from water hyacinths) wrapped around the scenic cobblestone city of Suchitoto, to the north east of San Salvador.

Olympus E-M10 w/14-42 kit lens and 75-300 m4/3 lens - wireless transfer to iPad, processed in Snapseed App

Every tourist photo of the lake, has the person sitting on the rocking chair at the Casa 1800 lookout. Anne insisted that I take a photo of her in the same position. LOL

Last edited:

Robert Watcher

Then we stopped at a mirador on the Panamericana to get a late afternoon view of Volcán de San Vicente - located to the east of San Salvador.

Robert Watcher

Turning away from the volcano, to the east —- barely visible in the haze with a distance of a bit over 60km from my vantage point by the way the crow flies, was our San Miguel (where we live) volcano known as Chaparrastique - with a view to the open smouldering crater that we never get to see from San Miguel.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Your pictures......

This time I will enjoy, take them in, but wait to respond.

First on Snapseed: it’s an amazing software app! Does it have any real competition?

Asher

Robert Watcher

I
Your pictures......

This time I will enjoy, take them in, but wait to respond.

First on Snapseed: it’s an amazing software app! Does it have any real competition?

Asher

I’m sure it does have competition. I just like that Snapseed does all that I need, and I know my way around it - so can quickly get pics online while I am shooting and traveling. I have several presets that I’ve created in the app, so a perspective align, crop, processing and export to size, can be done in as little as 10 seconds. I’m easily satisfied once I find something that works, so am not inclined to spend my time looking for alternatives.

Asher Kelman

I

I’m sure it does have competition. I just like that Snapseed does all that I need, and I know my way around it - so can quickly get pics online while I am shooting and traveling. I have several presets that I’ve created in the app, so a perspective align, crop, processing and export to size, can be done in as little as 10 seconds. I’m easily satisfied once I find something that works, so am not inclined to spend my time looking for alternatives.
“Presets”! That’s news for me!

How do you do it when all crops and rotations are so different?

Asher

Robert Watcher

“Presets”! That’s news for me!

How do you do it when all crops and rotations are so different?

Asher
Crop and rotate first, then add the preset.

Original

Cropped

Click preset to apply all steps for a specific look of mine.

of course I sometimes go in and make fine adjustments after applying my preset.

By clicking on View Edits, each step can be tweaked, vignettes can be adjusted if needed, and areas can be masked out

Asher Kelman

Is this a paid version of Snapseed. I haven’t seen this great capability with masking even!!

Asher

Robert Watcher

YELLOW - when set to Looks tab, create a new look by pressing the plus button and add a name. This will save whatever settings you have applied to the current image, to use same settings on another.

GREEN - this is how you get to View Edits

After View Edits > press any applied Tool, to edit the effect. Adjustment settings, Masking and Trash are available in the pop out menu

Red colour for mask is an option, you can also invert the mask. For finer control (brush size), just zoom in with two fingers on the image.

Asher Kelman

Thanks so much! You should make a tutorial! I already use it every day!

I had no idea of the extra features and so appreciate you sharing your discoveries!

Asher