• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Elk locking horns.

Jim Olson

Back out to one of my favorite spots to shot. This is the same spot that I shot my 5 pic pano.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I thought it was going to be two vying for the available Elk females. But this looks more like field behind a Human “Elks Lodge”, LOL, pretty well all male!

So what could be the basis or value of this locking of horns? What could there be to fight about?

These two are no way the head of the Elk Mafia there!

Asher

Andy brown

Jim, these are good shots but,..... but, you’ve gotta work out what’s wrong with your camera or method of saving them for display. Something is wrong!
It’s like you’ve lost your specs and can’t tell.
If it’s the camera get it replaced.
If it’s something else you need to sort it out.

Jim Olson

I thought it was going to be two vying for the available Elk females. But this looks more like field behind a Human “Elks Lodge”, LOL, pretty well all male!

So what could be the basis or value of this locking of horns? What could there be to fight about?

These two are no way the head of the Elk Mafia there!

Asher
I can see (in my mind) the guys standing around BS'ing behind the Elks lodge.
And boys will be boys lol
Here is the rest of the herd.
Jim, these are good shots but,..... but, you’ve gotta work out what’s wrong with your camera or method of saving them for display. Something is wrong!
It is a freebie Canon 10D from a friend that wanted to get me back into photography. I shot color slides in the 60s & 70s.
I don't have the money to invest into a new camera. Just playing around with what I have.
Jim,

This is still that 10D!

Will Thompson told me he was sending a second camera. Should be a 5D. Did you get it?

Asher
And no, Will has been busy and hasn't shipped me the other body yet.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I think the camera is ok…
A lot of improvement may be done in post-prod… Or is it just Jim's monitor not well calibrated?
@Jim Olson : I hope you won't be offended by this try…