• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Family

KrisCarnmarker

My cats, brother and sister, rescued from the streets of Dubai. Actually, they where handed over to me by their mother the day after their birth. The last time I ever saw their mother.

20050304_0618-c-w.jpg

Gumman

20050714_1044-c-w.jpg

Gumman on the lawn

20060109_1559-t.jpg

Gumman's brother Gubben
20050420_0791-mc_cr.jpg

"How did you get out?"

Bev Sampson

Kris, your photos are wonderful. Focus is dead on in the first three. From the last, I can see these two have a lot of fun.

Bev

Mary Bull

KrisCarnmarker said:
My cats, brother and sister, rescued from the streets of Dubai. Actually, they where handed over to me by their mother the day after their birth. The last time I ever saw their mother.
A mother who knew well how to pick a good foster parent!
What beautiful multi-colored irises Gumman has!!
And what a clear and beautifully focused portrait this is!
Gumman on the lawn
I love the way, in this picture of Gumman at a slightly longer distance, that the green eyes match the green lawn--or, I should say, offer a hue satisfyingly close to the emerald of the grass.
Gumman's brother Gubben
And the same satisfying correspondence between Gubben's eyes and the lawn color.
Plus, he's just a beautiful cat, like his sister, and beautifully photographed.
"How did you get out?"
Now, this one completes the narrative, and it's an image with many interesting features, from a pictorial point of view.

I love it when several pictures, arranged together, tell me a story.

And I wouldn't have missed the appealing scene in your second post, below your comment, "I know this picture is technically terrible, but I think it is fun nonetheless ," for all the tea in China--or wherever tea comes from these days.

This is an absolutely delightful pair.

All the best to Gumman and Gubben.

And to you, too, Kris.

Mary

KrisCarnmarker

Thanks Mary and Beverly for your kind comments!

I do think their mother knew that she couldn't take care of her babies as she was quite thin at the time and probably did not have any milk for them. Animals have a sense for these things. I was so sad for her but at the same time very proud that she chose me :)