• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept Fences

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I would like to challenge everyone to make a fence their subject!

D56F6327-A075-4B46-B4DC-A15EE1496594.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Fence with Decorative Lights
A fence I passed tonight while driving beautiful Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Antonio,

A superb choice! We must look at what we do and not just choose as subject pretty scenes and beauty or terrifying storms.

What you show reveals a lot more about human society and architecture responding to community circumstances!

I love it as it’s actually an intimate sampling of how we live.

55DB5341-EC28-42B7-B6EB-881E6F75BDEB.jpeg

It demonstrates the subject of security and residual fear even as we have homes built like never before!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Jim,

Good job!

Does it have a nut in its mouth or do they have awfully pale tongues?

You both show that fences and walks are not just uninteresting barriers, but they are the junction between zones of life!

Asher

Asher Kelman

It’s surprising, Antonio, that they chose such a garish combination for iron that had rusted. It has been renovated with new steel and is now well decorated. I wonder where the yellow paint eas used in thr building.

But this tells of a community that has attempted to spruce up but there’s little question that have gave more hour de cover than money!

Asher

Jim Olson

Jim,

Good job!

Does it have a nut in its mouth or do they have awfully pale tongues?

You both show that fences and walks are not just uninteresting barriers, but they are the junction between zones of life!

Asher
That is a nut in it's mouth 😂

Antonio Correia

Country side
Old iron protections perhaps surely older then 100 years allowing to see who is in the proximity.
Note the decaying embroidery...