• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Ferns

I've found quite a few this spring in the midwest of the United States. Identifying mushrooms has been difficult, and it looks as if identifying ferns isn't going to be any easier.

79435330.jpg

This little cluster seemed to be growing from the forest floor with a single main stem winding upward in a spiral pattern. Any help with an ID will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Holly Cawfield

This photograph has a rather fascinating appeal Tom. The light is so soft and subtle and you've worked it so well, the fingers fairly itch to touch these leaves which seem to have a texture combination of paper and velvet. Understated light and lovely repeating patterns...I quite like it. :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Once again, Tom, a good find by a great eye.

You do have a talent for finding that make compelling images. You have framed it such there's acave of balckness, sanctuary and suspicion. The leaves are almost play peek-a-boo or hiding more of what is not seen in the blackness.

Since all the lines go to the blackness, it becomes so important yet it's unkowable, something like our future. This is a very simple and important concept image. Treasure it.

I'm not sure about the final finish of the lighting and the texture of the leaves. This picture will take a lot of effort to finally print but it could be outstanding. Anyway, that's what I think.

Asher