• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Ferris Wheel

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
There was this less common view of the Ferris Wheel at the Oktoberfest that captured my attention:

Michael,

If someone asked my who do I know who might do this, your name would pop up first. You have a sense of well ordered geometry which shows in the pains you take in choosing your angle and shooting distance. You obviously have an admiration and respect for architecture and design and this shows here too.

I like it also for the fact that it is in itself an interesting repeat pattern with variations. Also we can figure out the identity and then on our own recollect the more usual snapshots any way!

Asher

Michael Nagel

Asher,

Thanks. I was just a little tired of the usual views. Yes, it was the repetition and the geometry that captured my eye here.

Here is a daylight view of the very same Ferris Wheel five years earlier. It should help to understand what you see.

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher,

Thanks. I was just a little tired of the usual views. Yes, it was the repetition and the geometry that captured my eye here.

Here is a daylight view of the very same Ferris Wheel five years earlier. It should help to understand what you see.

I like this too, Michael. I expected no less of you!

Is this Ferris wheel an endangered species? Would it pass safety tests is this exact design was introduced today?

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Michael,

I have enjoyed these photos. I have a weakness for ferris wheels, I try to capture them whenever I see one. It is not an easy task. You have done well. :)