• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fight to the death? Or...

Paul Iddon

So, millipedes are primarily detritivores. Unlike centipedes which are carnivorous and kill their prey by injecting them with venom.

So is this just a fight to the death, or is it a mating ritual?

Common garden species of this type are from the Orders Chordeumatida and Polydesmida. The false flat-backed millipede Nanogona polydesmoides is in the first order, and the large British and Irish population is globally important, and the only other country where it is common is western France. These two are I think the common flat-back Polydesmus coriaceus?

flat01_4k_1400.jpg

flat02_1400.jpg

flat03_1400.jpg

flat04_1400.jpg

flat05_1400.jpg

flat06_1400.jpg

Paul.

Last edited:

James Lemon

So, millipedes are primarily detritivores. Unlike centipedes which are carnivorous and kill their prey by injecting them with venom.

So is this just a fight to the death, or is it a mating ritual?

Common garden species of this type are from the Orders Chordeumatida and Polydesmida. The false flat-backed millipede Nanogona polydesmoides is in the first order, and the large British and Irish population is globally important, and the only other country where it is common is western France. These two are I think the common flat-back Polydesmus coriaceus?

flat01_4k_1400.jpg

flat02_1400.jpg

flat03_1400.jpg

flat04_1400.jpg

flat05_1400.jpg

flat06_1400.jpg

Paul.

Impressive pictures!!!