• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Finally a clear night

Robert Watcher

Finally a clear night. I couldn’t pass it by after weeks on end of heavy cloud cover.

I headed to the Goderich lighthouse where I lined the North Star above it, so stars would rotate around. This exposure was 1 hour and 46 minutes long. There was no lighting on the lighthouse, so I used my iPhone to add some during the exposure.

It was a beautiful, brisk and dark night -6 degrees (feels like 11 degrees). As a result of the cold, I stopped the exposure as the battery was getting low. I moved to the edge of the ravine, and took a 10 minute long long exposure of the harbour with a ship being moved into position before heading home.

A63AEADE-2C52-4C74-95A7-7A36B38D5917.jpeg

92C68D32-B5EF-4DA3-BF87-7C458F1FC021.jpeg

I tried to take a photo of the setup with my iPhone, but it was pitch black in the area I was shooting in, and this was the best I got. I overexposed it so something in the foreground could be identified.

4D264EEF-1A62-4DBA-9F37-FC05BF7B224B.jpeg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Imagine what the Olympus engineers dreamed of!

I wonder whether they mentioned such views in their patents?

The camera has had a major influence on your art and way of painting with light!

Thsnks for sharing.

Asher