• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Finaly one stock sell ¡¡

ok, it is true, I only have 106 images on sale at Alamy, --when you should probably have 1k to 5k images to get a constant significant sale movement--. But I got a bit discourage by the small number of zooms and sales -this is the first one-.

Now I got $86 dollars and it is a nice feeling that will encourage me to continue submitting images in to my collection.

Other, more serious stock contributors here may wonder why I post about a sale that can be consumed in a New York minute -well, probably 20 min. Ramen at Setagalla, U.Place mmm--, but I am thinking that in best case scenario it can start a little thread here. After all I am also not posting so much lately too...

Best
Leonardo

B9TBT1.jpg

$ 86.45

Usage: Editorial
Media: Educational magazine
Industry sector: Retail books/magazines/newspapers
Sub-Industry: Miscellaneous
Print run: up to 50,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/8 page
Start: 08 February 2010
End: 08 March 2010

ps This is Potosi Bolivia, and the hill is called Cerro Rico. It was almost literally a pile of silver exploited for years --it is yet to become depleted-- by the Spanish Empire to the point that created an inflationary problem in Madrid. This is why Argentina has that name that means "land of silver", because they sent the silver trough them... Indian and African slave miners never got any rich... all the contrary, but that is another story.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
this is the first one-.

Now I got $86 dollars and it is a nice feeling that will encourage me to continue submitting images in to my collection.

Congrats Leonardo! This is a great start and yes, you do need more picture in your portfolio. This will encourage you to shoot more too!

Other, more serious stock contributors here may wonder why I post about a sale that can be consumed in a New York minute -well, probably 20 min. Ramen at Setagalla, U.Place mmm--, but I am thinking that in best case scenario it can start a little thread here. After all I am also not posting so much lately too...

Well now you can remedy that!

B9TBT1.jpg

Leonardo Barreto: $ 86.45

Usage: Editorial
Media: Educational magazine
Industry sector: Retail books/magazines/newspapers
Sub-Industry: Miscellaneous
Print run: up to 50,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/8 page
Start: 08 February 2010
End: 08 March 2010

Leonardo,

This picture has a lot going for it. It's not just a vacation snap but one that draws us into this place and provides an experience of life going on there right now. The lines of the buildings perspective recede to beyond the street to be capped by a cloud draped mountain horizon. The wires bring us back fast and then the woman moving swiftly to the right wakes us up that things are being done there.

I wonder what editorial the picture illustrated? For $86.45, they have a bargain!

Asher

Thank you Asher. I tend to get obsessed with things and then the project gets dropped like a stone [exibit a) was a Hasselblad -film- that I chased on eBay until I got it just to shoot 2 rolls.-,

But some ideas are picked up again, and some with good results.

Summer vacation is coming and I will go to NY and Nicaragua, so I promise to upload a few more images in for sale.

This is an idea: make a Open Photography Forum brand on Alamy.com and ask for "image donations" so that we can all send some photos. Funds raised by this images then can go to a good charity designated by OPF...

... or not..

take care Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you Asher. I tend to get obsessed with things and then the project gets dropped like a stone [exibit a) was a Hasselblad -film- that I chased on eBay until I got it just to shoot 2 rolls.-,

But some ideas are picked up again, and some with good results.

Summer vacation is coming and I will go to NY and Nicaragua, so I promise to upload a few more images in for sale.

This is an idea: make a Open Photography Forum brand on Alamy.com and ask for "image donations" so that we can all send some photos. Funds raised by this images then can go to a good charity designated by OPF...

... or not..

take care Asher

Send me a PM as to how it might work!

Asher