• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Firmware 1.1.0 for EOS 5D, 1DIIN

D

Doug Kerr

Canon has announced field-installable firmware 1.1.0 for the EOS 5D and EOS 1D Mark II N.

On the EOS 5D, one of the three problems this is said to solve is:

"3. Correction of the phenomenon in which the flash mode settings are changed from E-TTL to M (Manual) when EOS 5D is used in combination with Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2 and Speedlite 580EX."

I think we have seen this curiousity reported here.

The other two anomalies said to be corrected are:

"1. Enhancement of direct printing with specific printers. [There are more details of this on the download page.]

2. Correction of the communication errors that occurred when shooting with EOS 5D and EOS Capture software after shooting about 138 shots."

The firmware download page for the EOS 5D is here:

http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/eos5d/eos5d_firmware-e.html

On the EOS 1D Mark II N, the new firmware is said to only to provide the improvement in direct printing.

The firmware download for the EOS 1D Mark II N is here:

http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/eos1dm2n/eos1dmk2n_firmware-e.html

Tom Yi

Not what the rumors had, it was suppose to fix bugs with a 4mb SD cards I thought.
Who prints directly from the N anyway???

Pat Yuen

Instead of a direct print button which is a just a marketing ploy to sell more Canon printers, I would much rather see their engineering efforts dedicated to built-in wireless. I know the current wireless speed is a problem but a wireless connection need not be dedicated to live storage of images. It can be programmed to download when the camera is not shooting thereby freeing up storage space.