• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

First baby Red-Shouldered Hawk!

Deborah Kunzie

Was out again today at Sawgrass Lake Park and found this Hawk nest up in one of the old oaks. The park ranger actually told me where it was. He said there are two bay hawks in it and were only three weeks old. I stood there long enough to get a quick shot of one of them looking out for mom, and then caught mom coming in to feed.
Shot with Nikon D2H and Nikon 80-400mm VR lens. I had just loaded my 500mm or I could have got in a little closer. The smoke here in Pinellas County had lifted just enough not effect the breathing today so I grabbed the camera and headed out.
I'll be posting more of todays shot on my website.
babyhawk.jpg