• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

First photos with the new RF 100-400mm lens

Paul Iddon

I recently acquired the EOS R10 camera, and have now added the first zoom lens - the RF 100-400mm. Took it out for a half hour spin at a local reserve and these are the first images. Seems a decent enough bit of glass.

swans_and_cygnet_a_1800-XL.jpg

red_crested_pochard_and_mallard_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

red_crested_pochard_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

squirrel_nuts_a.nr_4k_1800-XL.jpg

squirrel_nuts_b_nr_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Wow!

Far more than decent. Seem quite sharp and versatile. I like the various focal lengths.

I’m impressed!

Now find those eagles again!

Asher

Peter Dexter

Very nice. I have the old Canon 400 5.6 that I'm now using via adapter on a Canon R5. I started with the 100-400 but changed to the prime lens feeling it was a tad sharper.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Very nice. I have the old Canon 400 5.6 that I'm now using via adapter on a Canon R5. I started with the 100-400 but changed to the prime lens feeling it was a tad sharper.
Peter,

That “tad sharper” might be normalized when the 100-400 R lens is treated with an AI filter!

591D3598-5421-41B2-8D67-AC203588D4E9.jpeg

After all this is 100-400 shot is already very sharp, admittedly, just a jog, but seems damn good as it is.

What do you think?

Asher