• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Flaws in the forum structure and mechanics

Doug Kerr

I post this in this forum as there is seemingly no forum for which it is well-suited (see item 1 below).

1. There should probably be a forum devoted to comments, complaints, bug reports, suggestions, an the like about the forums themselves.

2. In the forum post composition and editing facility (as it works for me here), there is often an anomaly in which, when there has been a spelling error detected in a paragraph, the entire paragraph receives the wavy red underline that supposedly should mark the word that is adjudged to me misspelled. This anomaly is of long standing.

3. In the forum post composition and editing facility (as it works for me here), when a section of material is highlighted (perhaps in anticipation of doing some editing action on it), it is "highlighted" by a gray overlay of such low density as to be almost invisible. I think it would be better done with a different color overlay (using color in its colorimetric sense). This is a complaint of long standing.

4. The "tag" area says that tags may be separated by commas. It looks as if they must be separated by commas. Of course, it may just be that I do not understand the syntactic rules here. As an aside, I find the requirement that there be at least two tags to be inappropriate. But if it is needed to implement some OPF policy, or strategy, perhaps the syntactic instructions could be more clear. My practice is to always provide the tags 'Tag1' and 'Tag2', if I can figure out how to do that.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Doug,

Thanks for the comments. I will go through them.

Also I will review whether we might need to update the name of this forum based on your uncertainty as to where to post!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Doug,

I have now studied your 4 categories to be addressed by our next revision where I need programming over Xenforo’s purchased forum application.

Yes, syntax should be correct! Where I can change things myself right away, I will.

Asher