• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A3599773-CD17-4935-B49F-D9D1566CE4BA.jpeg

FE0D0B28-3215-44CB-B9C0-4972E1A6A461.jpeg

Please identify these flowers for me!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Thanks Jérôme

You’re so helpful. The first is indeed Bignonia callistegioides:m

77733DDB-8D72-4E0F-AA28-53A0FF3F055B.jpeg

the Lavender Trumpet Vine.

Asher

Asher Kelman

The Salvia microphllia is so unusual here.

20172803-AF24-437B-8040-566C43574E80.jpeg

It’s also called “hot lips”!

But this is my first introduction to this Salvia plant!

Thanks again Jérôme!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Here, Jérôme, I did a reverse image search on Yandex and came up with a different answer.

Podranea ricasolian didn’t seem to bit as it’s a trumpet shaped flower!

4403FAB1-3423-4B64-AA3B-A16184AD94C7.jpeg

These, however seem to be of the Petrea volubilis Family. Commonly called variously the Sandpaper Vine or the Queen’s Wreath Vine.

What do you think?

Asher

Jerome Marot

Yes, you are right. I hesitated between Bignonia callistegioides and podranea ricasoliana for the first picture (and the leaves allowed me to take them apart), this is why podranea ricasoliana made itself into the list. But the second picture is definitely petrea volubilis.

Asher Kelman

Yes, you are right. I hesitated between Bignonia callistegioides and podranea ricasoliana for the first picture (and the leaves allowed me to take them apart), this is why podranea ricasoliana made itself into the list. But the second picture is definitely petrea volubilis.
Thanks!

The weather is so perfect for flowers here in Southern California. There are giant fields of blooming wild plants.

I have to try and catch them!

I am so surprised by how many varieties one can find on a short walk in my neighborhood!

Asher

Congrats at finding them all. I didn't know these flowers. On a side note, this morning, it was snowing! OUCH! I'm waiting on my tulips.... You are so fortunate to live in a temp where the flowers are always abundant!