• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

For the Sort Focus Junkies only...

Jim Galli

For the Soft Focus Junkies only.... both of you :rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I owe much to Mr. Louis Pacilla who was the lucky first caller on a 5X7 Flatbed outfit that had a Karl Struss Pictorial lens included on Craigs List!! The seller offered to pitch the Struss lens in the trash if Louis didn't want it. Oh my God!!

In any case Louis was a willing conspirator and graciously sold / traded the lens to me. No, I did not steal it from him. The price will be forgotten soon, the images made with the lens may be un-forgetable if I can get it right.

Anyways, HERE is a 3 page spread of first fruits for those of you who are following the ever unfolding story of the re-discovery! Comments are of course more than welcome. I learn much from you all.

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com/Harrahs121308/Harrahs_pg1.html

Jim Galli

Asher, this may be in the wrong place. Please move it at will. Maybe it should have gone in the med - large format film forum?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jim,

This series of pictures is perhaps the most beautiful you have shared with us. I am glad I saw the lenses side by side or I'd be so unhappy that I have merely the P&S.

This is an excellent demonstration of the special qualities of these classic soft lenses.

Asher

Jim Galli

Jim,

This series of pictures is perhaps the most beautiful you have shared with us. I am glad I saw the lenses side by side or I'd be so unhappy that I have merely the P&S.

This is an excellent demonstration of the special qualities of these classic soft lenses.

Asher

Thanks Asher. Not to worry, you got it right the first time. Now just need to get you jump-started with yours. I'll be down over Christmas. Jim

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Jim,

That will be wonderful. I have to get a new changing tent for the 8x10. I have just 5 holders. Fpor the 4x5 reduction back I have double that, I expect. I'll see what film I have! I'm also hoping you can give an opinion on my antique 8x10 sledge back English Underwood camera. I'm not sure if iots 8x10 fil or else 8x10 glass plate. Anyway, that camera needs the base fixed. A crack in the wood makes the screw drive to move the baclk stuck amd I don't want to force it. I'll post pics soon. I'd like to know how to fix it. I have clamps and glue but I'm a bit worried about ruining it!

Maybe I can set up my dark room with trays for now.

Asher