• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Forged Pictures of Venezuelan Opposition Leader Guaidó

Peter Dexter

I don't want to reproduce the newspaper photo here as I'm not sure that's legal so am posting a link. There is accusation that photos purportedly showing Venezuela's opposition president Juan Guaidó together with Colombian drug gang members are faked. Looking at the first photo with the man in the blue checked shirt the point where Guaidó's shoulder goes under the man's armpit looks wrong to me as does the roofline of the car behind them. What do you think?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We can show the pictures as it’s for editorial purpose and we just give the credit. You have already given a link to El Epais!

This is under the “Fair Use” doctrine for public use. OPF is a public medium.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
From Lebanon with fake “victims” in bandages reappearing as healthy “rescuers” to Russians disappearing from official Soviet pictures, craft fictionional evidence to alter the past, current fact or generate new but fake news!

This picture is a great example, placing Guaidó with a notorious narcotics figure is meant to discredit the opposition to Venezuelan unpopular dictator.

Preliminary exam using my excellent iPhone XS Max screen only, suggest the following:

1. The picture Guaidó shirt appears to have been of lower resolution and upressed without adding texture and it is “blocky”. It doesn’t fit in. Nor does Guaidó’s head!

2. The edges of Guaidó head appear to have edge artifacts consistent with crude cutout from another source.

3. Guiadó’s left ear edge is incomplete in places

4. Below Guaidó’s left chin, there is a “smudge” consistent with crudely filling a gap between the head and the narco fellow’s shirt.

My initial impression is that at least the Venezuelan opposition leader’s head has been brought in from another source and made to appear to belong to the blue shirted figure.

Incidentally, the stubby right hand seems out of place with the shape of the politicians face. One would need to compare the hand with Guiado’s hand in a genuine shot of him.

Asher

Jerome Marot

The linked site is simply about pictures botched by photoshop. I don't think it has the specific picture of Venezuela's opposition president Juan Guaidó.