• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

France - November 2008

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Here are two images I took last month on my trip to Paris and the Loire Valley.
The first is one of my favorites from the time there near Chenenceau and the other is an accidental image with extreme camera shake but somehow I like the result - it reminds me of Eddie Soloway's Natural Eye work

440883026_MgoFe-M-1.jpg

436889372_BerGQ-M-2.jpg

Images Copyright 2008 Kathy Rappaport - Please do not copy and repost

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Kathy

Enfin!

We've been waiting for long! any other image to show? I'm sure you got a rich French portfolio… :)

BTW if you could post larger files that would be nicer to look at…

Thanks for sharing :- D

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Thanks for looking

Nicolas - thanks for looking.

I have a gallery of images on my website, but, because of the internet thieves, they stay smaller - and I upped the size of my watermark.I had much of my gallery copied by some Ukrainian/Russian people who are selling my images. So I keep them very small now. They are probably making more money from my photography than I am.

Cem_Usakligil

Nicolas - thanks for looking.

I have a gallery of images on my website, but, because of the internet thieves, they stay smaller - and I upped the size of my watermark.I had much of my gallery copied by some Ukrainian/Russian people who are selling my images. So I keep them very small now. They are probably making more money from my photography than I am.
Hi Kathy,

I knew that you've had your images stolen in the past but I was not aware of this (recent?) incident with Russians. Sad to hear that. I understand your reasons but Nicolas too has a valid point, it is very difficult to enjoy a picture like the first one at this small size. But I know you and I respect you so I won't try to change your mind to post bigger.

The second one is a nice accident but I would not come back to see it again. But the first one is very good. At this size I cannot judge the aspects of it such as the sharpness, local contrast and details. But I can see that it is a strong composition with good color elements. The light is flat but it was not in your control due to the season. I would be willing to see this raw processed into a quasi-HDR (assuming that you did not do exposure bracketing?). So that shadows have more details.

Thanks for showing these but you must have even more as Nicolas wrote so please show some more :)

Cheers,