• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: From our Alsace diaries...

fahim mohammed

p3970338039-6.jpg

D700, ZF 35/2
Alsace, France.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
p3970338039-6.jpg

D700, ZF 35/2
Alsace, France.
Fahim,

I love Alsace! It’s fabulous for their wines and especially for white wines to drink in a hot summer evening!

Also the accents are so great. For some reason, I swear, they sound like folk speaking French with a Welsh sing-song accent!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Asher.

Quite surprising to us was the fact that grapes were not that easy to come by. Maybe not the season!
Anyways, we made do with that white liquid in the green bottle.

This may be what you speak of...

p3971395952-6.jpg

fahim mohammed

Then, my good friend, I came across this watering hole. I believe that's what it is to us nomads.
Great ' waters ' of Alsace...I translated. And in I went.

p3971395938-6.jpg

Asher Kelman

I love the pictures. Thanks so much for allowing me to travel!

Notice the German names on buisiness WS and the liquid refreshment sent from heaven!

Asher

fahim mohammed

I love the pictures. Thanks so much for allowing me to travel!

Notice the German names on buisiness WS and the liquid refreshment sent from heaven!

Asher

Of course, Asher. Alsace was occupied by the German forces during the first and second world wars!!
The battle of the Bulge, as it is known, occurred in the town of Colmar.
The battle for Strasbourg around the vineyards of today was ferocious.

The French and American Forces did prevail.

But the German influence is quite obvious. Although nowadays, it is a reminder of what was. And to build a better future for both people.

I wasn't there during the 2nd world war. But that is what history books are for.

Asher Kelman

Of course, Asher. Alsace was occupied by the German forces during the first and second world wars!!
The battle of the Bulge, as it is known, occurred in the town of Colmar.
The battle for Strasbourg around the vineyards of today was ferocious.

The French and American Forces did prevail.

But the German influence is quite obvious. Although nowadays, it is a reminder of what was. And to build a better future for both people.

I wasn't there during the 2nd world war. But that is what history books are for.
My memories including a village called Luttenbach and drinking Riesling Spätlese from Mosel! The wine, though from Alsace is a German and Austrian winemaking provenance. The vineyards risk extra days of waiting to harvest, to have grapes ripen 5-7 days longer and get this type of late-harvested wine.

Asher