• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Funky Still Life 1, 2, & 3

doug anderson

360384521_r3WPx-L.jpg

Julie's tomatos

360384535_RBHh9-L.jpg

Julies purple curtains

359008635_YdYjE-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Doug,

You have been caught in Charlotte's Web! Each picture is so different one from the other so that I feel my Pineal gland has been put in a blender, LOL! So how do we get orientated. To me we neeed to look at each picture separately. If the pictures are meant to be viewed simultaniously as a triptych, then let's see them as one groupin of side by side ot vertically but with no need to scroll.

I am assuming that these are intended to be looked at individually, one at a time.

360384521_r3WPx-L.jpg

© Doug anderson Julie's tomatos

This is itself, even when viewed alone, disconcerting. The picture is taken at an angle and the radiator is duplicated. Just the tomatoes on the window sill are in the light from the window. It is hard to deal with, something disturbing and it evades any easy meaning. One shuttles between a dismissal as nonsense and a search for meaning. One doesn't want to be either rejecting something just because it's weird, (as that is both foolish and not politically correct :) ), nor does one want to be caught admiring the emperor's non-existent clothes. This is not something that I would either want on my wall nor that I would reject.

I think this is a good attempt to look at life from a different perspective and perhaps question our own assumptions that the way we have things is either logical or correct.

Asher

doug anderson

Hi Doug,

You have been caught in Charlotte's Web! Each picture is so different one from the other so that I feel my Pineal gland has been put in a blender, LOL! So how do we get orientated. To me we neeed to look at each picture separately. If the pictures are meant to be viewed simultaniously as a triptych, then let's see them as one groupin of side by side ot vertically but with no need to scroll.

I am assuming that these are intended to be looked at individually, one at a time.

360384521_r3WPx-L.jpg

© Doug anderson Julie's tomatos

This is itself, even when viewed alone, disconcerting. The picture is taken at an angle and the radiator is duplicated. Just the tomatoes on the window sill are in the light from the window. It is hard to deal with, something disturbing and it evades any easy meaning. One shuttles between a dismissal as nonsense and a search for meaning. One doesn't want to be either rejecting something just because it's weird, (as that is both foolish and not politically correct :) ), nor does one want to be caught admiring the emperor's non-existent clothes. This is not something that I would either want on my wall nor that I would reject.

I think this is a good attempt to look at life from a different perspective and perhaps question our own assumptions that the way we have things is either logical or correct.

Asher

Thanks, Asher. Great comment, and helpful. A lot of photography I like leaves a "disturbance in the field."