• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Generations

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you Asher. She`s been bound to her bed for more than a year now. When we visit her she usually is too tired to talk to us. This time we found this old photo album and she told the kids something about the old times. That is her on the lower left hand corner, aged probably 18.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you Asher. She`s been bound to her bed for more than a year now. When we visit her she usually is too tired to talk to us. This time we found this old photo album and she told the kids something about the old times. That is her on the lower left hand corner, aged probably 18.
Hi Jarmo,

It’s helpful to bring from home very old things like a clock, ceramic cat, carved elephant, familiar poster or other fixture she might recognize. These serve to stimulate and orientate the brain. They work as geospatial cognitive markers which hopefully allow reforming of broken memories.

Even then, when her words are sparse, it can be hard for us to understand a fully constructed mental thought.

My late mother in law kept on saying to me “CD,CD!”

I thought she needed a music player and asked her

“classical?”

“Jazz?”

“Blues”

And each time she repeated, “CD!”

When my wife arrived she knew!

Asher, she wants us to go to the bank vault and collect the box of CDs!

“Why would you put the CDs in a bank vault box? Are they that valuable?”

“No you dumb ass!”, she replied.

“These are “cash deposits”, that are vouchers that give guaranteed interest over the years!”

So one also needs to know the person talking as the context of thought can change the meaning!

When translating ancient hieroglyphics, the challenge knowing whether this is a list of material purchased, a spell to protect a body or an account of something important in the history of the place!

The person who speaks or writes words has the entire clear thought in their head. Exporting it completely is where the difficulty is.

The meaning is obvious to the person but so hard for us sometimes without figuring out the context!

So placing familiar objects in the room can assist in locating fuller descriptions!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jarmo,

It’s part of our life story and a blessing for everyone to collect together in such love and appreciation!

That’s what I meant!

Asher