• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Geometric Chicken-Foot Sunset

The tree trimmers came by earlier in the week and improved my west-facing LA-area lockdown peephole view of the world.

Thursday evening, I peeked out to catch the sunset and was greeted with some large chicken foot and other geometric shapes. I think there’s a sunset buried in here somewhere!

Long-zoom versions were levels-tweaked for dramatic impact.

Comment as you will.

geosunset1.jpg
geosunset2.jpg
geosunset3.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Mike,

I love these skies.

The first one has a lot of extra potential dividing the white clouds in the sky for processing separately from the lower skyline which does indeed hold rich sienna and gold sunset gradients.

I just used the limited editing on my iPhone to look at your low resolution jpg file.

ED118EF4-0C61-4632-A187-8EAA3D1F8CEC.jpeg

0A82CB2E-BC89-4105-BB54-AE2EB5F9FF68.jpeg

With more subtle and restrained handiwork using Photoshop or the like, (and your RAW image), you will do far better, of course!

Thanks for sharing. This one picture is a lot of fun to explore further.

Asher