• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Get on the scene

fahim mohammed

p1245049514-6.jpg

fahim mohammed

Asher, Antonio..thank you stopping by.

Actually they were on location for a soap opera. How I got there is a long and even more hilarious story.
For some other time, maybe.

Best regards.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher, Antonio..thank you stopping by.

Actually they were on location for a soap opera. How I got there is a long and even more hilarious story.
For some other time, maybe.

Best regards.

You can't tease us like that! Either don't mention the hilarious story, or start the tale!

Asher

fahim mohammed

I stayed for more than a couple of days in Lijiang. An ancient town in the Yunnan Province of the PRC. The whole town has been assigned as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is not only ancient, but beautiful and very well preserved.

Its fame has spread worldwide and the town becomes rather crowded at times. Asher, I remember you quoting Wikipedia stating the town is well known for nighttime revelry. True.

It is also a town where artists and painters and lovers sit down under a tree in quite contemplation. The Jade Snow Dragon Mountain looms over the town and provides a scenic beauty unrivaled.

Here, let me show you...

p1259508927-6.jpg

I was fortunate enough to stay in a grand hotel located inside the perimeter of this beautiful and ancient town. My suite faced a manmade pond, a small waterfall, storks etc. Not that there was a lack of live birds. It was lush green, the entire province and my hotel.

In the morning, I would walk over to the pond and find my table and request breakfast. Corn flakes, skimmed milk, 2 toasts, apple, grapes and butter..Anchor or Lurpak. Particular about that. Coffee and sugar. I did have a very hard boiled egg once, though. Cholestrol. Oh, yes this is the pond facing my suite..

p1259815174-6.jpg

The hotel had multiple guarded entrances. One of them lay behind the pond past a thick growth of trees.
I had struggled the first day up a steep hill to the main entrance..huffing and puffing, without realizing that I had already past one of the hotel's secondary gates.

I was told about this the following day by Cindy, an angel of a guide. She was with me throughout my stay and she was something. Wonderful girl, Cindy. I remember, I took her photo..yes here it is..

p1259837209-6.jpg

We were visiting the Baisha Murals in Lijiang. One of the national treasures of the PRC, when I took this photo of her. Did I say she was a wonderful lady..yes, I must have. Lijiang is a beautiful town.
Really pretty. Did I say this before? No.

Well no problem, here is a shot from Lijiang...

p1259550215-6.jpg

I know I wanted to mention something..my memory and my arthritic fingers..what was it...

Got it.

I would like to wish all of you friends Allah's Peace and Blessings at the start of our Holy Month of Ramadan. Tomorrow being the first fasting day.

I forget, what was it you asked me Asher?

fahim mohammed

Thank you James. Much appreciated.

Where were we. I remember.

Sitting one day having my breakfast around the pond ( I wear my long white dress in informal secluded places..airy, and very comfortable for me..more so than jeans, t-shirts, shirts, chinos, trousers etc.,)
having breakfast, I saw more than the usual hotel security suvs and noise coming from behind a cloister of trees.

I walked around, and saw the suvs and a small melee of people. Further down saw that big boom or whatever one calls it with somebody up there. As I approached, I was politely told not to go.

Being a resident of the hotel and suddenly wanting to visit the spa ( which lay past this gathering ), we started an amicable talk. They looked at me, at my dress. I looked at them. We smiled to each other. I indicated I needed a massage...and after a little while I was allowed to go through. I smiled and bowed as I approached the actors you see in the picture. Smiled and a slight bow and the camera had already done its magic.

I just carried on along my way to spend some unneeded time in the spa.

But I have digressed. I really have to tell you how beautiful Lijiang is. Maybe post some pictures.

p1265224116-6.jpg

Maybe one day.

fahim mohammed

Thanks Antonio.

The traditional dress..if there is one..is very rare. Ethnic minorities might wear them deep in rural PRC. But in normal life this is what I encountered.

Unless for tourists....

p1266264578-5.jpg

Stay well my friend.

Antonio Correia

I remember seeing near the canal and on the streets women dressed with traditional hats but I may be wrong. However, my wife does remember.

From this part of China I have only a book. I think I have lost the photographs...
Shame on me.

i-vsNsbmw-M.jpg