• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Getting into Wildlife Photography

rakeshvenkat

Hi all, I hope this isn't too much of a tiresome question (I did a search and couldn't find a post that properly answered my question).

I've been looking at getting into wildlife photography, with an emphasis on bird photography and plan on taking it seriously. As an undergraduate zoologist who spends a lot of time birdwatching, the ability to capture my sightings seems amazing and so I doubt any money spent will be money wasted as I don't see myself hating the photography aspect!

As such, I'm not afraid to drop quite a lot on it right from the get-go, so my budget will be around £800 and I'm hoping to find a second hand camera and lens with that money to maximise bang for buck.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tell us why you pose with different names asking the same exact question 4 months apart?

Obviously you are literate and well educated, but a spammer. I am flummoxed why you need to join OPF and Reddit with the same questions and already good answers?

Is it our IP addresses you collect and then test test for open ports for hacking?

Also do you actually happen to be a zoology student?

Please educate me as to your interest and passion!

Asher