• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Girl in The Meadow

Abhijit Biswas

A simple shot. All natural light. Just thought of sharing with you all.

_MG_9291_W1024_02.jpg

Abhijit
www.exposurebits.com

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A simple shot. All natural light. Just thought of sharing with you all.

_MG_9291_W1024_02.jpg

Abhijit Biswas: Girl in The Meadow

Abhijit,

What a lovely model; engaging and enjoyable. The generous horizontal spread of the meadow really helps provide a slow tranquil pace for the scene. Her pose is just right with the fabric adding some modest covering in a fluid and believable way. The lines of the picture also work very well.

Simple but excellent.

Might you share some set up details in terms of reflectors and lights, (if any), and time of day? Is there more detail in her fabulous hair.

Asher
www.exposurebits.com

Abhijat,

Abhijit Biswas

Abhijit,

What a lovely model; engaging and enjoyable. The generous horizontal spread of the meadow really helps provide a slow tranquil pace for the scene. Her pose is just right with the fabric adding some modest covering in a fluid and believable way. The lines of the picture also work very well.

Simple but excellent.

Might you share some set up details in terms of reflectors and lights, (if any), and time of day? Is there more detail in her fabulous hair.

Asher
www.exposurebits.com

I shot this one at around 1:00 PM PST during early October, 2011. It was bit cloudy. No flash/reflector was used and it looks like I had the 85mm 1.2L on my 5DII.

There is nothing much to say about her hair. But it was shampooed and colored with touch of red or so (as far as I can remember). She apparently maintains her health very well :)

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Abhijit

Asher Kelman

I do like the movement here. The soft vertical lines of the grasses give it an almost impressionist like quality.

Thanks Abhijat.

It works well with the white fabric!

Did you buy a huge roll! That's some 12 feet of brightness.

Asher

Abhijit Biswas

I do like the movement here. The soft vertical lines of the grasses give it an almost impressionist like quality.

Thanks Abhijat.

It works well with the white fabric!

Did you buy a huge roll! That's some 12 feet of brightness.

Asher

Yes, I bought a huge roll of that fabric. I think it was longer than 12 feet!

Asher Kelman

Here is another one for you eyes only! From the same session.

Abhijit
www.exposurebits.com

_MG_9308_01_W1024_01.jpg

Abhijat,

This picture does deserve more attention! Yes, one can say that nudes with silk cloth in meadows, beaches, mountain tops or sand dunes are old hat, but this has beauty and the extra of a plant with orange flowers or fruit which makes the picture stand above the rest of it's genre. Also the woman's form is not grabbed in a taunting, lascivious to titillating way. It's devoid of emotion, just simply beautiful. I like that. We can then bring what we want to the party! An easel and paints, a camera or just a bottle of wine!

Asher :)

Bob Latham

I agree with Asher in that it deserves more attention. It's remarkable in that it's unremarkable, candid but contrived. I remember seeing the first one and thinking that the legs lost at the bottom of the frame was too harsh a cut....the second version (which I originally missed) addresses this.

Bob

Asher Kelman

_MG_9308_01_W1024_01.jpg

It's interesting to consider Bob's remarks, about being contrived yet working so well. That seems true. However, the fact that we know it's contrived doesn't interfere with the movement and textures we like in this picture. After all, I realize that it's not just the girl who's shown naked, it's the landscape, with her cutting through it, that is also shown au natural.

I like it for its openness and lack of pretensions.

Asher