• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Glamour?

I have been shooting/posting in the Sports forum and I have not had a chance to shoot with my lights except for this week that I'm on vacation. This one was shot with one AB800 and brolly on camera right. White wall on camera left.

I purchased a gray seamless paper from Calumet Photo in Hollywood and well here's the result.

Ana2247web.jpg

Comments Critiques welcome.

--William

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
William,

I like the simplicity, lack of ornate effect and jewelry and just tons of attitude. It is powerful.

Note I have not commented on your treatment of the skin nor lighting.

There's a lot one could talk about but first congrats.

What head did you use?

Asher

Asher Kelman said:
William,

I like the simplicity, lack of ornate effect and jewelry and just tons of attitude. It is powerful.
Thank you! The model liked that you said "tons of attitude. It is powerful"

Note I have not commented on your treatment of the skin nor lighting.
There's a lot one could talk about but first congrats.
Go ahead, I don't mind people commenting on the lighting or skin treatment.
This is one of the reason why I post the pic anyway.
Thanks for the congrats! :)

What head did you use?

Asher
By head you mean what strobe I used? I used an AB800.

Thanks for your comments

--William

Asher Kelman

William,

First I with my emotional and interlectual reactions. I like the picture of this young woman facing life, proud of herself and having self-worth. Portraits are about more than getting a picture that is technically superb.

If we started with that, few of us would survive first glances.

The AB800? I have one I'm testing with a ring light. I was wondering what you had!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Comment on this portrait: the lighting, skin and pose!

I hope to be able to sit back a while and have others give their capable comments on the lighting and skin and pose since we should encourage more sources of comment!

Asher

What was the intent of the shot? what was the lighting you wanted? Are you happy, was it what you wanted?

those should be the first questions before a critique of it can be made.