• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Godox TT350 Won't Fire Multiple Strobes

Op

Not very well versed in flash tech but here goes.

This unit is supposed to fire multiple strobes. So you could set four strobes with a frequency of two per second. According to the book you divide four by two and get a result of 2, which is the correct shutter speed. Should give you four strobes while the shutter is open.

Well, if you press the "test" button on the flash, you get four. But on the camera you get one. And only one.

Have tried shutter priority, manual mode, program mode, aperture priority and none of them ever give you more than one strobe.

Tried to update the firmware. But that was hopeless. Can't even get the computer to see the flash, let alone update anything.

Thanks.

MJL

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Welcome to OPF!

I use Godox in TTL a lot, but not HSS.

My cameras are generally set to manual with a shutter speed of 1/160 Sec depending on the camera’s synch speed.

I control many studio flashes, AD400 and AD 200.

What are you shooting and why do you need to strobe 4 times?

Also, BTW, I don’t understand how one woukd expect the computer to “see the flash”.

Asher

Op

It’s a mode on the flash and I want to make sure it works. If it doesn’t work then that means there’s something wrong with the flash, at least potentially.

As far as the computer not seeing the flash, I’m trying to update the firmware. When you connect the flash to the computer it doesn’t see it.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It’s a mode on the flash and I want to make sure it works. If it doesn’t work then that means there’s something wrong with the flash, at least potentially.

As far as the computer not seeing the flash, I’m trying to update the firmware. When you connect the flash to the computer it doesn’t see it.
Where did you buy it? Adorama or B&H will help you over the phone!

Doug Kerr

Not very well versed in flash tech but here goes.

This unit is supposed to fire multiple strobes. So you could set four strobes with a frequency of two per second. According to the book you divide four by two and get a result of 2, which is the correct shutter speed. Should give you four strobes while the shutter is open.

Well, if you press the "test" button on the flash, you get four. But on the camera you get one. And only one.

Have tried shutter priority, manual mode, program mode, aperture priority and none of them ever give you more than one strobe.

Tried to update the firmware. But that was hopeless. Can't even get the computer to see the flash, let alone update anything.

Thanks.

MJL
Hi, Michael,

When you say, "But on the camera you get one", do you mean that when the unit is in the camera shoe, and you fire the camera shutter, the flash only fires once?

What kind of camera is this on? Does it require a special setting so that the signal on the flash shoe is the "basic" one and not something intended to be received by a camera-specific flash unit?

UPDATE: Oh, I see, the TT350 is camera-specific!

Just a thought.

Best regards,

Doug

Last edited: