• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Planet: Good Cheer to Everyone: Happy Holidays, Christmas, Hannukah and other celebrations you might choose!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is a fabulous time of the year. Folk are donating gifts to friends, families and charities!

We have gone through a lot of hardships and divisions. But we are celebrating now what’s good in spite of the increased burdens, fears and disappointments.

Let me reassure everyone, in just 6-18 months we will have largely suppressed SARS CoV-20 and with investment in infrastructure, employment will increase and optimism will be our mood.

We could well see a major growth of confidence trade as well as rise in markets.

Most of all, we can look forward to a return to social lives in the West by September of 2021.

Meanwhile, please don’t travel. Six ft separation is better than 6 ft in the ground!

Happy Holidays, Meaningful Christmas and Hannukah to all in OPFvand your loved ones!

Asher

Asher Kelman

To atheists, yes you can be moral, ethical and noble without believing.

But religious folk do carry an extra burden of faith which is tested in unfair times when we feel let down. I believe that we will all help one another survive and flourish despite irreconcilable differences.

But why am I optimistic? Although we do inherit brutish selfish tendencies, the beauty of man lies in natural compassion and ability to barter and make friends.

Man is essentially good.

Why is this in a photography forum?

My answer is, “Why not?”

I hope and pray that all will be well and flourish in the New Year and that you will dust off unused lenses and set a spotlight on us and the world we have taken dominion over!

Happy clicking!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Asher
Thank you for all these kind words!
Let's celebrate a joyful moment with everyone (well, almost every ;) )
Funnily enough my translator did end you text by "Bon appétit !" (Happy clicking!) is that the real meaning? In any case for a Christmas Day it is well opportunistic!

Bon appétit ! ;)

Last edited:

Doug Kerr

To Asher, and all my good friends and colleagues here:

Indeed, the year 2020 CE has been an especially trying one on many fronts. But that is all the more reason to embrace the inestiguishable hope that marks the human spirit, hopeful confidence that wonderful things are yet to come.

Best wishes from all of us here in the high desert for happy observance and enjoyment of all the year-end holidays, whether secular, religious, religious-morphed-into-secular, or whatever.

Love, best wishes, and stay safe.

Doug, Carla, and Isabel

Jerome Marot

Religious beliefs are not needed to wish well to our friends. May 2021 bring interesting times in front of your camera and lenses.

Asher Kelman

Religious beliefs are not needed to wish well to our friends. May 2021 bring interesting times in front of your camera and lenses.
Agreed, but we may still acknowledge that some friends are supported by beliefs as well. It’s not meant as an endorsement, but rather a sign of our empathy with diverse paths folk might choose.

Some take belief to a path of sanctity and thus, elevate their ability to bond to others peacefully. To that extent, I have great synergy with their unique cultural memes.

But, as you emphasize, human nobility doesn’t require faith, except in the sanctity of life and the worth of each soul as our own!

Asher

Asher Kelman

For us, the camera allows us to frame reflect on humanity and our universe as OUR passion.

I treasure the places and faces you share here on OPF.

My grandchildren, BTW, look forward to all the wonderful birds, strange insects, stunning landscapes, fabulous boats and people from all over the planet.

I look forward to much more photography in the coming year as we enter, what I think is the beginning of a new period of peace, growth and progress.

Asher