• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Google Lens Identification

Jerome Marot

So, basically, this is an app which tells you where on the Internet you can buy things that ressemble what you point your camera at?

Jerome Marot

I don't really need an application which will tells me things I could buy and get a cut of the price in the process. But if I need to identify plants, I use the flora incognita app. Benefits without the curses. Unfortunately for you, it is specialized in European plants but maybe some local university has a similar program?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I don't really need an application which will tells me things I could buy and get a cut of the price in the process.….

Jérôme,

This comes at a particularly apt time. Today Elon Musk succeeds in owning and privately controlling Twitter, a social media giant that had a massive role in Trump’s rallying of his right-wing followers to congress to reverse his election loss January 6th 2020.

Now one billionaire alone controls one the most powerful mass media tools in history. There is no assurance of transparency or support of the truth and individual or group rights.

Asher

Jerome Marot

I don't think there have ever been any assurance of transparency or support of the truth and individual or group rights (on twitter or anywhere else).

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I don't think there have ever been any assurance of transparency or support of the truth and individual or group rights (on twitter or anywhere else).
Sure, Jérôme, but at least there was public evidence of an effort to counter false information and BOTS.

Asher