• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Grand Canyon and Navajoland Music CDs

Alain Briot

pro member
I published two music CDs featuring Travis Terry playing the Native American flute. The musical compositions were created by Travis to accompany my photographs. Each composition focuses on a specific photograph and is titled after this photograph.

The first CD, Navajoland, was published last year. The second one, Navajoland, was published this year.

I also published a DVD version of Navajoland with the music playing to a slide show of my Navajoland portfolio images.

If you want to listen to samples from the CDs, both are available on itunes at this link (you will need iTunes to open the link; the software is available for Mac and Windows from apple.com):

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=256866248

Tehy is also available at CD Baby at this link :
http://cdbaby.com/cd/travisterry

Alain Briot

I would be more than happy to answer questions in a separate new thread here about how you can publish your own music CDs and/DVD. The process is relatively simple but consists of many separate steps. If you are interested just post your questions and I will do my best to answer them. You can ask questions about any aspect of the process. Just be specific.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I must say that I really enjoyed listening to the Native American flautist Travis Terry! This music is complete. It asks questions and tells stories. It's reminiscent of Irish melodies, but seems more logical with reasons and answers. The sound of the flute is rich and pleasant. It would do justice to a movie as a sound track, as entertainment for a party or as a private recital. This is outdoors music too, music that takes one on a journey and that, is after all, what landscape art does too.

I haven't seen the slide show version, but that might be interesting.

I hope to pick one song for people to illustrate. The music, it seems is streamed, but is also purchasable for 99 per song, so that is not a lot.

I'm happy to recommend this music and am delighted to have been introduced to the voice of this handmade flute!

Asher

Alain Briot

pro member
Here are the covers from Navajoland and Grand Canyon. Asher asked me to post them to generate creativity regarding creating your own images and designs about musical compositions:

CD-Grand-Canyon.jpg

CD-Navjoland.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Alain,

Thanks so much for sharing!

The music is exceptional. The imagery you have chosen provides an introduction to the flautist and his handmade flute in his natural world. A fitting set of pictures. I like them.

The view is both magnificent and scary from the top of vthe rocj=k ovelooking the deep valley and river below. Yes I can imagine the music going from hill to hill.

I also could envisage the same melodies illustrating or being shown by people around a fire arguing, debating or telling stories. This flute music could also refer to other situations, as your own bank of memories allow.

I'd love to see more photographs ensipred by this music.

Who is up to the challnge? This is a no risk creative avenue to explore.

Asher