• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Great Horned Owl

Don Ferguson Jr.

I got this GHO shot early in morning this past Thursday.
Don

GHO 2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I got this GHO shot early in morning this past Thursday.
Don

0DD36764-0175-4473-9EE6-ED2CF756F9D1.jpeg
Doug,

Wonderful capture, my friend!

Not only the bird but also the fruit hanging on the tree!

I commend you for your discipline in carefully post processing this file. It’s at the limits of natural appearance and not over saturated and structurally enhanced as one might be so tempted. The creature has evolved to be camouflaged and you didn’t undoectgst!

My first time reading of “GHO shot“! What’s it stand for?

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
When I saw this image, at first I found it was blurred and somewhat pixelated…
But when one click on it, the new window opens it at the original scale it was posted, and the picture is more than fine…
Because the forum software by default enlarge the picture to the full width of the window.
This should not be a behavior by default. This might be the result of the developper thinking that only smartphones do visit fora… Not my case!
If this cannot be resolved in the admin console, note that if when once an image is post, one reduces manually its size (by dragging one corner) the image won't appear full width…

Like this:

GHO 2.jpg

@Asher Kelman, imho "GHO" stands for "Great Horned Owl"

@Don Ferguson Jr. great catch!

Last edited: