• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

GTO-trouble

This image was captured with my Mamiya-P25 and a Fujinon 180mm 4x5 lens in a stitch using a slider adapter...

I want to hear comments before explaining more...

GTO_trouble.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Leonardo,

This is fabulous! How did you light it? What sliding adapter is this? What is the Fujinon mounted on?

true_obl_lens.jpg

TrueWide Digital Sliding Back Camera Body

Is this something from Kapture Group?

Asher

Asher, the news here is that I am working on my new studio with all my lights, -I have 4 WL and 3 Elinchrom- here in La Paz, we rented an big house that had a room 7 x 3 meters (23f x 10f) with 220v and 110v. I want to post some images of the studio and of a light box that I designed and built.

I finished this week to install my Ethernet net, WiFi and as you can see I don't have to go DialUp anymore !! so I can post more here...

The sliding adapter was a fantastic eBay purchased at a bit over one hundred $.

I wanted to regain the perspective control for table top that I had with view cameras, but I never liked the idea of a)spending tons of dollars b) having to remove the camera or slide it for focusing, did't think it was an elegant solution.

So I found the perfect simple tool for doing a) and b).

This adapter lets you use a lens like a 180mm, you just have to live the shutter open and close the diaphragm before shooting (I can even trigger the camera from the computer when tethered).

In this image I could swing the lens laterally to control the depth of field of the GTO...

I want to make a photo of a person to place him alongside the car as if waiting for the AAA crew to come to his rescue or other distress mini story, the challenge will be to get the same shadows and high lights as the car...

So tell me more about the image, thanks

9caf_1_b.JPG

4067_1_sbl.JPG

http://i1.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/9b/9a/3b44_1_sbl.JPG

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Leonardo,

I would have thought the adapter would be for the digital back. It looks like you are actually mounting the entire Mamiya camera via the ordinary Mamiya lens mount. So this is pretty much similar to the CameraFusion™ sliding adapter for 35mm form cameras such as the Canon XSi or the 5D or a corresponding Nikon Olympus camera.

Does your adapter allow just one strip of adjacent images or can it do a number of rows too?

What's the name of your adapter?

Make sure you have a guest room!

Asher

michael

"did you made that out of focus on purpose? "
It has focus but not everywhere since the lens is a 180mm and the car is 10 inch long. This is work in progress so I want to make it more in focus to make it look less like a model, but I do want it to be obvious that this IS not a real car.

My idea is to introduce a real human figure, but it could work as is...

Asher, you can easily find this adapter on eBay, mine came from Hong Kong http://cgi.ebay.com/Moveable-Adapte...ryZ15215QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The company that makes them is called WIDEPAN and the quality is very good it is made of solid metal, the Mamiya mount is strong enough to hold the relatively heavy body+Phase back by the lens mount and easily slide left/wright (I have yet to try to do a up/down slide, but this is better done with the SINAR) and the camera can be rotated (CW or CCW).

Working with it is fast since you can compose using the normal camera reflex view finder.

The amount of swing with a long 4x5 lens like the 180mm lets you stitch two longitudinal images or four if you raise the lens -using the view camera movement-, but I have to do some more tests about that...

What permits this and other adaptations is the fact that the AFD has no problem shooting with any lens mounted (or no lens at all). This is not possible, in my understanding, with such cameras as the Mamiya 67 RZ.

I want to try to use my old enlarger lens and any other optic that I find among my belongings in front of the AFD just for fun...

I've seen these sliding adapters from Fotodiox as well in Canon and Nikon mounts. They seem like a very handy way of doing digital work with a DSLR and a view camera for static subjects and copy work.