• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

H3D = "D" for disaster

Rob.Martin

as an H1 user (I was about to do the firmware H2 upgrade), I am a little miffed by this company's stupidity.
I WAS, and I repeat WAS about to buy more lenses. But I cannot buy more for this combo now.
I'll have to use it until something viable comes by, but they must change their attitude before I invest $ 1 in them now.
This is most depressing.
But I guess, just sticking with the "images" for a while will do.
Stupid companies, do they actually "want" to go out of business? Talk about opening the doors for the competition. Many like me (if that's a possible statement) will be looking at alternatives. No way I am being locked into some proprietary nonsense unwillingly (unlike my huge investment in Canon, which was a "which proprietary DSLR do I want?" by choice)
I'll keep taking photos to keep my mind off things.....
flower1n.jpg

Last edited:

Paul Schefz

rob...even if you wanted to buy new lenses..they would not let you..the new lenses won't work on H1 or2...i actually find that hard to believe since it must be the same mount and the old ones MUST work on the H3..so it can only be a software issue, which someone must be able to resolve...anyway...a joke...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So Paul,

What do you think of the Hy6 as a possible answer?

Have you got any times for availibity of the various branded versions?

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
More important question is can Sinar get service and delivery to the USA like Hasselblad.

I realize that Hasselblad is a maketing and service company.

Rollei, although technically superior, has not been!

For the Hy6 to succeeed. We need availibility and service!

Asher

Don Lashier

"D" for "dumb". (apologies in advance to any PCP's) I registered a domain name a while back "dumbco.com" exactly for these sorts of stories but haven't had the time to get it going yet.

- DL

Paul Schefz

what is wrong with sinar service? i have owned sinar and broncolor...nothing ever wrong with them of course, but their service is in NJ...so is rollei's by the way, i send my bodies and lenses in for cleaning check-up...excellent service....no problems at all...the days of local repair shops are over...way too many electronics...had a FLE lens on my 555eld, the shutter had a problem, no electronics in it, bu the local official hasselblad repair would not touch it because of FLE...all these things have to be shipped to a central reapi facilty nowadays...makes more sense, better quality control...