• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Happy New Year to All! 🍷 🤣💦

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hopefully you have had a great 2019 and are about to enter the third decade of this century with health, spirit and optimism for yourself and those around you.

I found this single rose at night visiting my family for Channukah.

It reminded me of much of what we have: Pretty wonderful but imperfect!

My wishes to you are for great progress in tackling challenges ahead and the joy of seeing young with hope and those with energy and ideas ploughing ahead.

My great affection and thanks for all who contribute to our creative community!

Welcome 2020!

❤

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Best wishes to you and Wendy, and to all our friends and colleagues here, as we all enter the third decade of this millennium. (We are here one time zone ahead of Beverly Hills.)

Best regards,

Carla and Doug

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Although I'm more East of you Doug and Asher, I'm late, but still happy to share my best wishes to all OPFers!
For this, beside Asher's beautiful rose, I'll share 2 abstracts shots during a preceding Christmas party:

No photoshop for these.

Asher Kelman

What would Piaf say!

I would have her sing in 2020 for us all!

Rich, romantic and melancholic: wine and cobblestones and a cold breeze under the bridge as a boat with lights chugs past!

Asher

nicolas claris

What would Piaf say!

Asher
I have no idea of what she could have said and I really do not care and still not see what is relevant between Piaf and my post… ???

France is not only Piaf, la Tour Eiffel, la baguette de pain et le beret!
Please forget all those clichés!

Asher Kelman

The colors reminded me of French Air-force planes painting colored smoke like that over the Paris skies, when De Gaulle was President!

It was then I was enamored with Piaff’s throaty romantic chansons!

Remember, you are in a colored bottle looking out at the world.

We are only the outside world trying to look in and get a taste of what it might be about.

Of course we don’t know, (just like the millions of tourists streaming through Venice haven’t a clue about the people and deep nature of that City).

My son is in Paris right now. For him, it’s the finest restaurants, food gras, moules, shows, museums and boulevards, but these are not “Paris” of the Parisians!

Nicolas, allow us to celebrate our own romance of France, even though we are ignorant dreamers!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Nicolas,

Excuse my wandering mind. I am slightly older than you and daydream!

Yes, your pictures are very new, deft and show a flourish of freshness.

Far simpler than your light writing to date.

Perhaps you too used high flying planes to release dyes in the sky!

I would love to hear about the circumstances that led to their creation and whether there is a whole lot more waiting to be revealed?

This is beautiful and impressive new work that heralds another collection perhaps?

Asher

nicolas claris

Remember, you are in a colored bottle looking out at the world.
I do like that bottle, but I prefer to look forward than backward, even if our age difference is not that much!
Too many of my concitoyens are looking at America (meaning USA of course) like paradise and the way to go…
Personnellement je pense qu'ils se Trumpent !

nicolas claris

The colors reminded me of French Air-force planes painting colored smoke like that over the Paris skies, when De Gaulle was President!
You scare me!
Normally, the colors you write about were Bleu, Blanc, Rouge…
I hope your monitor doesn't show the 2nd pic red (instead of orange) ;)

Asher Kelman

You scare me!
Normally, the colors you write about were Bleu, Blanc, Rouge…
I hope your monitor doesn't show the 2nd pic red (instead of orange) ;)
It’s the style of painting, my friend!

Not the actual colors! Just the way the sky gently dilutes the colors, as in your new pictures.

This is very different from anything you have shared before!

Asher