• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Haunted Field becomes weary of itself

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
There could be a face!

Will the apparition move? If not it’s either even more sinister or else dead, utterly dead and safe!

A glimpse ignites a cauldron of swirling thoughts!

“Bravo!” to our resident Lady Witch!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

missed ya... really this haunted field is about our memories of the past which can many times make us feel so weary..
Thank you! I finally made it back with your help. A cauldron of swirling thoughts by you actually is The haunted memories..you nailed it!
I doubt the haunting can ever die though. It survives within the soul.

Charlotte

Peter Dexter

Charlotte your title is one my favorite author John Gardner might have composed. It's wonderful as is the image it describes.

fahim mohammed

Fair is foul, and foul is fair:
Hover through the fog and filthy air...

Your imagery reminds me of things read long long time ago.

Charlotte Thompson

O dear Fahim
That is true my friend... wish you and your beautiful family always the very best! I believe we are all from the past evolving to present realities Always evolving.

Charlotte

Asher Kelman

Macbeth deceived the king!

A common tool of success, ......but against oneself? That’s much more common and amazingly it works!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher
Please explain I am at a loss!
Charlotte
Of course!

Well, Charlotte,

Fahim quotes Shakespeare’s Macbeth in the famous lines about man’s perfidy,

“Fair is foul, and foul is fair:
Hover through the fog and filthy air...”

This deceit was against the King and was about the fact that we humans have a penchant and skill for deceiving others with proclamations and “heartfelt” assurances of love, devotion and steadfastness. But all the time we might hold other views and abiding the time for the ambush from nowhere and the fierce stab in the back, as shocked Caesar,

“Et tu, Brute?”

(“And of all people around me, you my most trusted companion)

So that is the background thought about deception and the reversal.

Well to use this horrific hunting technique of trickery, feint moves and slight of hand against prey or foes, is one thing that we understand, but against a friend is revolting behavior.

But worse, in our delusions of thought by believing in false gods, corrupt leaders, and even false sense of beauty and self interest, we destroy the fabric of our self worth. That is the worst of all delusions, but unfortunately, the most common.

An example would be “Mother Theresa”, an ignorant peasant woman from Macedonia, who acted as a shill for taking huge sums of money from the rich and famous for her evil “charity wards” for the sick.

In fact she had teams collect men in the streets in India who were ill. Then, once in a bed warehoused them as exhibits of

“Such “Beautiful pain” and suffering as endured our Lord And Savior”

For fawning, mesmerized, admiring royalty of industry, movies and State who would praise her humble charity and devotion to the helpless and wretched of the earth.

She was sincere, as she adamantly refused to allow volunteer physicians to give even penicillin to young men with easily curable pneumonia as

“That would rob them of the pain, the superb majesty, the suffering like Christ our Lord”

“But we could cure them”
“That cannot be! Soon they will be by the throne of Jesus in heaven. That is their glorious happy future. That’s where we send them, each enriched with salvation, honor and perpetual joy!”

....and there you are, a frail ignorant woman in a pristine nuns habit, (the Saint of selfless Charity), with starched white collars and habit rims, who both deceived herself and the entire planet,

..... and took in millions to make more such clinics in slums over the world, ambassadors for the church and collecting treasure in an arms race against faithlessness under the banner of the Crucifix of Rome!

That, dear Charlotte is merely one such height of self-delusion and we have myriads of versions that seem far less harmful, in the fabric of our society. Look at adulation of “Kardashians”, “Trump”, TV Preachers or beautiful racists!

Even cheering for football teams, (owned by billionaires), requires our self-delusions to be steadfast fans!

This investment in non-rational, populist-driven movements and memes is primitive. It’s a strong vestige of a prehistoric age: then, we had no writing, systems of reasoning and proof and evidence-based paths for a civilized community.

Then, the infectious meme was our principal tool for guidance and instruction.

It was carried with migrating hunters and gathers as their reference library for defeating all the obstacles and challenges ahead!

The result, we deceive ourselves in myriads of ways by infectious ideas and distractions that have no foundation in rational thought and deduction from evidence!

That is what I derived from Fahim’s reminder:

“Fair is foul, and foul is fair:
Hover through the fog and filthy air...”

Asher

Last edited:

Charlotte Thompson

Asher
AH Ok then I agree with your testimony on our human condition! I just didnt understand why you quoted,,,did not think about Fahim quote
Nothing is ever what it seems

“You're going to pay a price for every bloody thing you do and everything you don't do. You don't get to choose to not pay a price. You get to choose which poison you're going to take. That's it.”
― Jordan B. Peterson

Asher Kelman

We are protected.

Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil.
For thou art with me, thy rod and they staff do comfort me.

Thanks for challenging us.

Asher