• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Heavy Metal

Steven Sinski

5 Engines
CFM56
CF6-80
GEnx
GE90-94
GE90-115
_DS67327_DxO-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well it’s inspiring and impressive! What is fascinating to me is that some components can be 3D printed and have all the needed physical properties of their machined or welded counterparts once they are heat-treated under the precise conditions.

Scaling objects doesn’t necessarily mean using the same plans and there must be a whole lot to learn with each new size!

I try to design and build large objects in steel and aluminum, but they are only meant to be beautiful and strong enough against hurricanes and earthquakes!

No machines!

Keep up the good work!

Asher

Steven Sinski

CFM56 B737 series aircraft
CF6-80 B767 series
GENx B787 series
GE90-94 B777-200
GE90-115 B777-300

These are only the aircraft I worked with. There are other make/model aircraft that use some of these engine types/variations

Asher Kelman

CFM56 B737 series aircraft
CF6-80 B767 series
GENx B787 series
GE90-94 B777-200
GE90-115 B777-300

These are only the aircraft I worked with. There are other make/model aircraft that use some of these engine types/variations
So you are a Boeing person!

Asher

Steven Sinski

I work the aircraft that my employer flies. I was a lead tech on a specialty crew that handled a specific fleet type which was termed widebody In the US your company is responsible for your training and certifying. You as a technician are responsible to maintain said certifying also known as airworthiness demonstrating your proficiency via basic yearly testing and oversight both internally company QA and externally FAA.

I do prefer Boeing yes. I also work Airbus too. After 33 years I collected a fair list of aircraft I worked. You give me the tools (Mx manuals) I'll get your plane flying safely again😁👍

Steven Sinski

Addendum

When a licensed technician exercises his/her airworthiness they take on the burden of responsibility that the aircraft is legally and mechanically safe to operate to the manufacturers specification and FAA rules and regs. Anytime there is an aircraft incident one of the first things investigated is the ships mx history. That history exists from the time of manufacture to the most recent work performed and the last airworthiness was signed by an authorized tech.

Just a little insight

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

I am now visiting with Clearwater Comoany in Los Angeles. They make all kind of exotic shapes like the ducts they cool arounf the engine exhausts for Boeing's or the wings or F-35 fighters or parts for air intakes for Sikorsky helicopters.

I learn such a lot about manufacturing techniques. I am using them to make curved and very hard surfaces.

I am jealous of your experience and knowledge. It’s a pity we didn’t have a broader education. Still studying aircraft components now is so thrilling for me. All so brilliant and interesting!

Asher

Steven Sinski

(y)it works both ways. my beginnings were trying to be part of the creative world. one should always have a back up plan. i ended up using mine.
maybe i can be of some help in the future