• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello

walishah22

Hi from germany and in my introduction i want to ask how to clean a mirrorless camera sensor and thanx for accpeting me

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Greetings!

So pleased you joined us!

I used to spend a great deal of time fussing over getting a perfectly clean sensor. But then I discovered that the few spots had could be removed in a few seconds in post.

Here is a plethora of choices. They are all good but my experience is with a rubber bulb blower to puff away the dirt, then a can of clean air under pressure.

Only rarely have I need something else and “Sensor Clean” I have used the most.

I try to hold the body of the camera with tgr lens Mount facing downwards at about 45 degrees to limit dust falling in and if at home, blow a puff of air over the lens I am mounting.

Always use air before using anything to wipe the sensor as you don’t want to be rubbing particles against the sensor.

But I hardly clean the sensor now as I change my lenses fast and try to keep one zoom lens on that camera if possible!

My full frame Canon 5D 2 would have mostly the 16-35mm or 45 mm for street or the 70-200 for portraits.

So a birding APS-C camera would have a 100-400 with a 2x tele extender while my Fuji GFX generally has only the 33-64 mm lens.

I have many other lenses but when I change lenses, I modify my technique and stick with that lens as long as possible.

So frankly, until I read your question, I had forgotten about cleaning!

Asher