• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Help with keywords

I took this image today not so far where I live, I asked someone to drive with my car a few times in this road.

I want to see how you would assign keywords to an image for stock and see how good or bad I am at doing that...

You can also criticize the image... or say anything... or not.

Thanks, Leonardo

red-truck.jpg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Red car
Ancient road
Paved road
Road in yellow rocky mountain
Wild drive
… Sun on windshield ;-)

Is that of any help?

Thank you Nicolar, It is help, an fun too... you got 5 out of 6 that I probably would have not come up with.

I suppose that people could keyword images for money, don't you think? after all some photographers -like myself- don't have English as mother tongue...

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Leonardo,

Some of the keywords are so generic that I'd avoid using them in this image. For example, keyword "rock" returns 396190 hits. There is no way your image will be found by that. Just an idea.

My suggestions (besides the ones already given):
winding road
cobblestone road
rising road
curve ahead
curvy road
dangerous curves
panoramic route
Mountain peak
Sedimental rocks
car climbing
holiday trip
touristic route
etc.

Cheers,

Last edited:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I suppose that people could keyword images for money, don't you think? after all some photographers -like myself- don't have English as mother tongue...

Hey that's an idea! the problem is it's difficult to estimate the results…

I don't know for Alamy, but one must be aware that in most search engines, it's t he combination of keywords that narrow the searches…

PS BTW Obviously, English is not my mother tongue too!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Leonardo,

Trying to exclude what's said already:

winding,
curve,
high
gothic
sienna
journey
travel

Asher

To complete the experiment I will use all of your keywords and tell you when/if it sells ... but don't hold your breath.

--"Aren't theire any rules at alamy for keywording?" (You can't copy/past other photographer's keywords)

It is not a rule, but you are supposed to only include words that are relevant to your image because when they see your thumbs and don't 'zoom" on your photos you get bumped in to the back of future search results...

One problem with this, for example, I have an image of Broadway and the Flatiron building but it is not the "traditional" Broadway shot, so It will probably not get zoomed so often ...

B53HJJ.jpg

Michael Fontana

pro member
T
One problem with this, for example, I have an image of Broadway and the Flatiron building but it is not the "traditional" Broadway shot, so It will probably not get zoomed so often ...

Leonardo

while its unusual, people might look at it....

But okay, I would tag "Flatiron", but not necessairly "architecture"

What about: "woman walking a dog" The image has sufficient res. for you to see the woman and the dog, but it just one composition detail... and difficult to see on the thumbnail...

John Angulat

pro member
Leonardo,
Is the letter"B" available in the street sigh in the uncropped image? If so, I'd include it in the final image. Then you might tag "Broadway". "crossing Broadway", etc.

yep, I knew this will come up. This frame is that way, but I have other takes where you read Broadway. I could stitch it in... you also see in the sign 5th AV. ... but on the other hand, who can't tell what ...oadway means ??

Since you are being so good with me playing this game I will post your next mission...

look.jpg

thanks John, interesting that there was no Child's pout search result at Alamy, but 5 pages of child pouting. (one more unfamiliar word for me.... photographer pouting: me)