• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hi there from Kev

I was attemotign get a shot of the Milk way and a meteorite photobomb it :)

2019-07-17- Milky Way J.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Superb!

just the right amount of “milk” and damned good luck on the comet. Did you check the timing of the space station or you excluded that by position in the sky?

......that is a most astonishing celestial start!

Glad you found the coordinates to land at OPF!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
May I propose this version of the shot? 5sorry Kevin, that's a bad habit of mine… I'll delete it if you ask :)

2019-07-17- Milky Way J.jpg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Nicolas,

That “milk” you remove from Kevin’s picture might be actually trillions of tons of interstellar gaseous mass forming new stars of the Galaxy!

I am not an astrophysicist but I imagine that one has to be cautious in clarifying the cloudy appearance!

Asher
But I did not removed it at all! On the contrary, one can see even with some colors now and the sky is not anymore over blued.
Maybe you were (once again pffffff) looking on your iphone…

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
But I did not removed it at all! On the contrary, one can see even with some colors now and the sky is not anymore over blued.
Maybe you were (once again pffffff) looking on your iphone…
This time on my calibrated large EIZO monitor, mon Cher ami Français Nicolas!

An interplanetary warrant has been issued for your wanton erasure of trillions of tons of interstellar mass!

Asher