• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Horizontal stalactite

Hi, everyone
Here is a photo of Horizontal stalactite on my balcony two weeks ago. (1/800, f4.9, ISO 100, 101.1 mm)

MENEGHETTI+MARCOS_horizontal_stalactite.jpg

Marcos Meneghetti
http://meneghettiphotography.blogspot.fr/

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, everyone
Here is a photo of Horizontal stalactite on my balcony two weeks ago. (1/800, f4.9, ISO 100, 101.1 mm)

MENEGHETTI+MARCOS_horizontal_stalactite.jpg

Marcos Meneghetti
http://meneghettiphotography.blogspot.fr/

Marcos,

This is fascinating! I've never seen such a thing! Is it still there. I wonder if you might be able to bracket exposure really wide so as to get the full range of whites and the city background. Is this from the jpg or is there a RAW file too. Images like this are treasures and can be used as one of the building elements in constructed compositions from several sources. I hope you have more shots!

Asher

Asher Kelman
Wooahh. Thank you so much for your words. It's a great great pleasure. It's a JPG photo.
"I wonder if you might be able to bracket exposure really wide so as to get the full range of whites and the city background". Sorry but I didn't understand your idea. If the city appears on the background, the ice will lost your value.

James Newman and Antonio Correia
Believe it or not, it's horizontal. No 90 rotation. That's the reason I took the photo, because I never saw stalactites like this. Pay attention the little drop on the tip. It's looks down. If it was 90 rotation the drop would be in the top of the glass not on the side, like this one (also took on my balcony)
MENEGHETTI+MARCOS_stalactites.jpg
See the diference?