• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

How to access the Shutter Count on the GR

Paul Abbott

I just thought I would post word of how to check your shutter count on the Ricoh GR.

To do so, turn the mode dial to Movie then simultaneously press the Playback and Disp buttons together for a couple of seconds, you will then be put into the Error History, press right (Flash button) and this will take you into the Mech Count which shows the shutter count.
It also shows how many times you have used Macro focus and other things which I don't know anything about, like:

End count
Near end count
Half count
End table
Near end table
Half table

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I just thought I would post word of how to check your shutter count on the Ricoh GR.

To do so, turn the mode dial to Movie then simultaneously press the Playback and Disp buttons together for a couple of seconds, you will then be put into the Error History, press right (Flash button) and this will take you into the Mech Count which shows the shutter count.
It also shows how many times you have used Macro focus and other things which I don't know anything about, like:

End count
Near end count
Half count
End table
Near end table
Half table

Paul,

How on earth did you discover all that?

You would do well on some crime team!

Asher

Paul Abbott

It's the same procedure for the Ricoh GRDIV and GX200 which I used to own...:)
I'm just waiting for Doug to give us some insight into what those other 'stations' i've mentioned may mean. :)

Doug Kerr

Hi, Paul,

It's the same procedure for the Ricoh GRDIV and GX200 which I used to own...:)
I'm just waiting for Doug to give us some insight into what those other 'stations' i've mentioned may mean. :)
Beats me!

Some of those are probably reports of how many times the AF ran the lens to the end of its focus travel (one way of the other) without any satisfaction.

But that's just a vague guess.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

So what's your count? I wonder how long these shutters are good for. I almost never take the GXR just the GR as it is so good. The GXR comes when I really need a longer reach as in a classical concert.

Asher

Paul Abbott

The last time I looked at my count it was around the 530 mark. It amazes me how many times I have depressed the shutter I always try to err on the conservative side...
In all seriousness, I am conscious of my actuations and I really do hate wasting a shutter press, before you know it your up in the five figure mark...

Anyway, i've never had a camera fail on me shutter-wise...

Asher Kelman

The last time I looked at my count it was around the 530 mark. It amazes me how many times I have depressed the shutter I always try to err on the conservative side...
In all seriousness, I am conscious of my actuations and I really do hate wasting a shutter press, before you know it your up in the five figure mark...

Anyway, i've never had a camera fail on me shutter-wise...

For sure that's humor, Paul! I can't imagine that you have less than 5,000 shots perhaps even 20,000

Asher

Paul Abbott

Hey Asher, I only have that amount of clicks, seriously...:) When you compare that amount to the rate of successful pictures (55), i've taken, it's a lot.

Asher Kelman

Hey Asher, I only have that amount of clicks, seriously...:) When you compare that amount to the rate of successful pictures (55), i've taken, it's a lot.

Well, I must be a crazy drunk dragon with a camera then, LOL! I dread to think what my tally is! However, I will check...................

Asher